Two of my best friends are going through what I went through 2 years ago when my friend James died. He died of a drug overdose. He was into things he shouldn't have been and he knew it. It hurt even more knowing that his death could have been avoided. He is like a little brother to me. I took him under my wing and tried to help him. He was funny, smart, and fun to be around. He followed the wrong crowd and got into drinking and drugs. I couldn't stop him. He couldn't stop himself.
When I found out he died, my family and I were in the car on the way to Houston for my brother's wedding. I remember the person told me, "Sarah, I have some bad news..." I was so mad at the whole situation. I was supposed to be happy and supportive for my for my brother, but I was sad and hurt about James. James took some pills, a bad combination, and woke up in the morning and watched TV with his dad for a few minutes. He said he didn't feel good and went back to bed. Next thing you know, he's dead in his bed. It wasn't fair at all. I miss him alot.
I know that God intends for good things to come of all situations. This situation, to me, had nothing good that could come of it. God showed it to me this week. My 2 best friends lost their good friend to a similar situation. I was able to talk with them about their feelings and understand how they were feeling. I got to give them advice and just be with them.
I know they are in heaven, probably hanging out together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Isn't it awesome when God finally reveals His plans to us?
You're the best, Sarah RN
Post a Comment