Friday, November 7, 2008

Sometimes Surgery is Conservative

I went to my podiatrist again today for a follow up. He gave me 2 options. 1. Wear the boot. Be absolutely non-weight bearing for 6-8 MONTHS (ie: wheel chair and crutches). Have a bone stimulator. Then be re-examined and probably have no change in my foot. 2. Have surgery and recover for about 3-4 weeks in a boot, with crutches as needed. The doctor said, "I am all about conservative treatment and am absolutely willing to try, but sometimes surgery is conservative treatment." I am super nervous. I don't want to be put to sleep and everything that entails. I do want to get better though and am excited about that. Please pray that it will all work out how it is supposed to!

3 comments:

Bethany Hernandez said...

i'll be praying! let me know if there is anything else i can do to help you...love you!

gulp235 said...

i will be praying too!

SarahMc said...

Thank you! I appreciate it. I think the only thing I will need is a chik-fil-a chocolate milkshake after my surgery...