Ok, get ready. Go to a place where you can laugh out loud, hysterically. Because, if you are reading this, then you know me. If you know me, you will LOVE this story. It all started with me, a nursing, student and a schizophrenic.
Today, one of my student's patients was a mentally ill patient. First thing in the morning, my student comes to me and says, "Um, I can't find my patient." Usually, this means that their patient was discharged or went for a test. I asked her this and she said, "No, I can't FIND my patient. I don't know where she is." Ok. So, we go to her room and the nurse comes out of the room and says, "Oh, she's standing in the bathroom." Not using the bathroom, standing in the bathroom. I go with my student, into the room. At Shannon, the doors open in to the room and the bathroom is on the side of the room by the door opening. (If that makes sense?) We open the door and I say, "Patient? Patient?" No answer. We look in the bathroom. Nothing. I turn half way around and there she is. Right behind me, in the corner of the room behind the door. I about jumped out the door and screamed. She goes, "Here I am!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment