Monday, March 23, 2009

Cake from the Elderly

I have so many blogs for you to read, but my computer is broken, so I will only grace you with the funniest. This weekend I went to Houston to see my sister. So fun. We went the rodeo 2 times. One to see Taylor Swift! Saturday, my sister had a wedding shower to go to, so I went with her. It was your normal shower. Food, presents, and really good cake. One of the hostesses came around with plates of cake for everyone. My sister and I were sitting on the couch, next to some older ladies. The hostess handed them some cake. The ladies smiled and took it. THEN, one lady was taking a small bite of her cake and suddenly realized she had been rude. (In her own mind, not mine.) She didn't think anyone saw that she took the bite and said, "Oh, here you go!" And passed the cake down to us. My sister handed it to me and I thought, "Surely not. It was just my imagination." I passed it to Amy, our friend and Amy says, "It's ok, I'll wait for my own piece." And started laughing. It was then I realized, it wasn't my imagination. She really took a bite and passed it on! The cake was delicious though.

2 comments:

mari said...

That's hilarious!

Bethany Hernandez said...

you should have taken another bite and then passed it on...share, sarah!