Growing up is hard to do. I have realized that I am going to have to start getting up earlier, getting professionally dressed, and acting mature pretty much everyday. Today I am going to a nurse reception for all the "new" nurses. I was excited about it. I thought about what I was going to wear. I thought about wearing jeans and a cute top. Oh but wait, I'm going to be faculty maybe. I have to wear faculty clothes. I can't dress like a student anymore. That means, no more "jeans and a cute top", make up, washed and dried hair, and shaved legs. Annoying.
Also, I went to the computer lab today and saw a guy that I used to think was really awesome. Only, he's not. He's really not that cool. I knew it all along, but just never let myself accept it. I've accepted it, totally now.
I feel like I have moved into a new chapter in my life as cliche as that sounds. It's true. I am not "young" anymore. I can't just run up to school in flip flops and a bus driver t-shirt anymore. I must be presentable at all times.
The hardest thing, though, about growing up is that not everyone does it with you. People around you don't have to do the same things you have to. I bet Bethany knows all about this. You can't go to Starbucks every night or to a movie at 9 on a Wednesday night. You have to go home and eat dinner and think about what you have to do the next day. It's annoying, yet exciting. I'm ready for it. Bring it on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i agree! if only we all "grew up" at the same time, things would be so much easier!
Um ya... growing up stinks. Why do we have to do that?
Post a Comment