Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Teacher Clothes

Today was my first real day of teaching. I wore a super cute outfit with great shoes. Comfortable ones of course. The students came to the simulation lab (a place with mannequins that the students practice on before real people) and did some of their required skills. I realized I stood up all day. Me feet are sore, my back is aching and I feel like it's about 3 am. I am starting to understand why some teachers dress the way that they do. You all can pick out a "teacher outfit" if you needed to. A knit top, dress pants (maybe), and some flat unflattering shoes. Teachers would die if they dressed in super cute outfits everyday! My students are self-sufficient though, and I don't know how Bethany does it! It's a good thing that I can wear scrubs to teach in at the hospital.

1 comment:

Bethany Hernandez said...

this cracked me up! and yes, my wardrobe is very sad. i told someone else that when i started teaching, i mourned the loss of my high heels...