I never understood why people cried at Christmas. I get it now. Christmas makes you miss people. It makes you think of bittersweet memories that you wish you could relive just one more time. It makes you think of the things in your life that you are looking forward to and want so badly, but God has not given you yet. I miss my friend James and wish that he was going to be at Christmas Eve church services and sit with our family. I miss giggling through church like a 5 year old because my sister and I can't be mature worth anything. I look forward to having my own family and making new memories.
Tonight, I went to my friends' church play. It was the classic children's Christmas play. There were shepherds and angels and the kids were having a great time. There were all adorable and seemed to understand the meaning of everything. One little girl, named Lexi, was the North Star. A very important part. She is usually so quiet and timid, but she was so proud to be the star. She stood in her gold costume holding her flashlight and sang her heart out. You could hear her over everyone. The whole cast sang "Silent Night." I got a little teary eyed. It was such a sweet moment. She might not have known all the exact words to the song, but she knew the meaning of the song.
I can't wait till I have my own kids and they can be up in the play. I wonder what I will be like then. No wonder my mom always has kleenex in her purse...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
you and your sister aren't the only ones who can't be mature. kelli and i made our own memories yesterday! you should ask her about it =)
Well, ask Kelli if I am speaking to her...
Post a Comment