Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My First Teacher Gift

This teacher thing is great! One of my classes got me a pedicure and my other class got me a candle. They are so good. I could get used to getting presents for teaching! I bet elementary school teachers have it even better...am I right Beth?

I have been redoing some of my house and my latest project is the dining room. It looks really good. If I knew how to post pictures, I would. I'm too tired to learn though. I painted the walls a brownish yellow color and got a black table. My friend Shawn and I went to pick it up at Walmart last night...that's another story. It is round with 4 chairs. I am putting my zebra chair in there and have blue drapes. Pretty chic.

Shawn and I went to the service desk to get the table and they had to call back to the "back" to get someone to come talk to us about it. A guy came up and said in the deepest voice I have ever heard, "Someone needed me?" I laughed; out loud. I thought he was kidding. He wasn't. That was his voice. I got the giggles and almost lost it. Then Shawn tells him he should do voice overs in movies. He said, "Yeah alot of people tell me that." Seriously, I have never heard a voice like that come out of anything else than a robot.

Shawn carried the table into my house on his shoulder. I went to unlock the door and I was going to help him carry it, but before I could get the door unlocked I hear a squeal and then "Oh I got it!" I couldn't believe he hoisted a table up on his shoulder without letting me help him!

I have one more clinical group tomorrow and then the semester is over for me! I got through my first semester and can now say I am an experienced teacher.

2 comments:

mari said...

No fair, GAs get zilch. :(

A and A said...

hey sarah! long time, no see. your dining room sounds very nice! love the colors. black, white and yellow together are going to be really popular in '09. your ahead of the times, woman!