Monday, December 8, 2008
Face to Face with a Bull
If you have ever gone to a parade with me you understand my issue with horses in parades. I love horses. I think they are amazing and smart. It's just that when I was little we went to the Rodeo Day Parade downtown and a crazy horse charged at me. I remember the horse getting a little out of control in the parade and then coming at me on the side of the street. It's like the horse picked the cutest little blonde girl in the crowd and wanted to eat her. Now at parades, I think the horses are going to do the same thing. It never fails that at every parade and horse picks me out of the crowd and kind of whineys or starts bobbing it's head up and down as if to say, "It's You!" The other night I went to a Christmas parade with my friend Shawn. I gave him the usual disclaimer, that if I horse starts after me I will sacrifice him or little children for myself. There were 4 animals in the entire parade. One horse stopped right in front of us and would not proceed. Another horse pulling a wagon got its head stuck on the outside of his lead thing. Another horse just bobbed it's head alot. And finally, this guy comes riding down the street on a bull! A bull! How safe is that? (Later I learned it was not a bull, it was a steer...another story) So the bull is walking down the street minding it's own business and then sees me and decides to come right at me. I seriously think that bull was an inch away from my face. I shoved Shawn in front of me before I realized the KIDS next to us were petting the bull's face and just thinking it was the coolest thing ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment