Thursday, December 11, 2008

Post Office Workers

I went to the post office today to mail some Christmas presents. I had a bright cheery face and a 2 boxes. I went up to the window and she just looks at me. I said, "I forgot the address for the little box and have to go to my car and get it, but can I just mail this big one off right now?" She blankly looked at me and said, "It has to be taped." I wanted to say, "Then tape it." I didn't say if of course. She handed me her tape gun and then made me get out of line. I had to go back to the table and tape it myself. I was so annoyed. I put tape on the box rediculously and as much as I could. I wasn't sure HOW MUCH it NEEDED to be taped. I had to leave the boxes on the table and go get my address and get back in line. I took my boxes back up to the same lady and one was on top of the other. She wouldn't take it off the top. I had to HAND it to her. The she proceeds to tell me that there would be a surcharge because the box was so big. She got out her tape measure and precisely measured the box. THEN she made me go get a label to she could scan it because I threw mine away. Never once did she smile or say "Merry Christmas." So if you work at the post office, I am so sorry that your job is so awful. I think I would have lots of fun at the post office!

No comments: