Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Egg Chef

I'll start from the beginning. My mom and dad and I eat breakfast together every Sunday. There is a buffet and the waiter there knows us and always seats us at the same table. We know all the waitstaff, it's really funny. There is a new egg chef recently. He makes the greatest eggs I have ever had. I never really liked eggs that much, now I love them. He is really cool too, from what I know of him, which is not much. He brings our eggs to the table and asks how they are... Today I worked up the courage to ask him his name. A guy who ordered after I did took my eggs, and said "thanks Butch" After the rude man left, I said, so smoothly, "Is that your name, Butch?" He said yes. My dad interceded and introduced himself and me. Butch said, "Yeah, I remembered your name, but just not your daughter's name" Then gave me the look...whatever that is.

No comments: