Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday Night at Mr. Gatti's

Tonight, I went to Mr. Gatti's with 3 kids. 11, 9, and 6. In the first 10 minutes of being there I saw a kid throw-up and get in trouble for it. He was about 2, maybe 3. Not sure if anyone cleaned it up either. Then, we sat in the "quiet" room to eat. There was a family of about 20 sitting in there with 50 kids running around. One of the kids was the one who puked. No one was telling them they needed to sit down. They were climbing over the booths, jumping off chairs. Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect it to be calm, but I didn't expect to want to slap so many kids and parents. 3 of the kids ran off, the oldest being 31/2. The parent, unlce, whoever, just said "Hey" The kids didn't listen. They mozied back in the room 5 minutes later. Who knows where they were, but I'm sure no one would have stolen them... Then in the game room, there were 1,000 kids in there, teen agers too. I heard the "F" word, people were running into me and I even saw a kid with a rat-tail mullet haircut. Needless to say, I'm worried about our future. Who will run the country when I am old...rat-tail kid, puker...?

One of the kids I was with didn't get to spend some tickets he brought from home, so HE threw a fit. He was yelling, "I want to do it now!" We just left, with one kid crying. I was pretty impressed. Only one fit so far. So far... He didn't get in the car fast enough so his sister moved his carseat to the other side. Oh Lord, the world ended. There was crying and fist throwing, and name calling. As far as I could tell, he started the hitting, she stopped when I said stop. He didn't. I got out of the car (never thought I would do that), I said "get out or I will take you out" I had to take him out. I told him it is not ok to hit his sister and that he was going to bed when we got home. It was 8:30 so, not bad. We got home and he was shocked when I told him he needed to go to bed. "Why?", he asks. I put him in his room and shut the door. He came out...you know how it goes. We did this for a while and I thought I might have to call CPS on myself because I was getting so frustrated. Finally, God took over and made him stay in his room...Thanks God. Then we had a giggle attack by one of the kids. My only saving grace was when Kelli called me, "Take me now!" She could hear the commotion in the background, and surprisingly didn't want to come over. Things calmed down after that. Wow, and I want 5 kids.

No comments: