Tuesday, January 15, 2008
My Class
Today was my first experience teaching nursing. I am "student teaching" a clinical nursing group. I will be helping a teacher teach nursing students at the hospital. I'll help them learn how to do procedures on actual patients. The girls in the class are great. They seem like they really want to learn. I am so nervous, though, because I work in the nursery, and I am teaching in the adult surgical setting. The only remotely funny thing that happened today was that I was introduced as Miss McBride and the students still just called me Sarah. I guess it will be a while before I am looked at as a "Miss"...I remember, there was something funny! I was walking in the hall in the nursing building at ASU when I saw a guy I know. He was walking with a group of about 10 girls and the girls were all giggling. I really wanted to yell his name down the hall to get his attention as I would if I were the student. I had to stop myself and remind myself that I was "an authority figure" and that would not be professional...it was very hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i know this has nothing to do with your blog, but when did you get one of these?!? why haven't you told me about it?!?
You should have done it, because the look on his face would have been PRICELESS!!!
Post a Comment