So I got the blogging bug, but then lost it. I got it again though. Maybe I will be better this time. I thought I would start with my airport story.
On the Friday before Christmas, my sister was flying in from Houston. Her plane was due in at 11pm. My mom, dad, and I were waiting for her at the airport by 10:30. I worked that day, so I had been up since 5:30am and was super tired. We waited and waited. At about 11 I saw a light that looked like a plane coming in, but never got much closer. Just at that time the wind picked up in a big gust, and went in every direction. At 11:15 she still hadn't landed. People were getting ancy. I went out and looked at the TV that shows where the plane is and it showed that it was headed for Abilene. When I got back to my parents, nearly every cell phone went off. My dad talked to my sister and she said they were trying to land in San Angelo, but there was too much wind. She said there was alot of crazy turbulence and that she was really scared. They landed in Abilene and she said she was "not getting back on that plane, come get me" So, my dad being the great dad he is, drove us to Abilene at midnight, to pick up my sister. To top it all off, the airport in Abilene said they were closing and that they couldn't stay there to wait for their ride. My sister had to call a random friend that lives in Abilene for him to get her and take her IHOP, where we picked her up at 2am. We got home at 4am. All this because driving is too stressful and takes too long. Poor sissy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment