Wednesday, August 20, 2008
A Best Friend
Last night, "best friend" was defined to me. I called my friend Kelli, at work, and asked her what we were going to do for MY birthday. She talked to me for a while and got a list started. I was at the grocery store and she said to think of some details and call her back after a while. I ran into someone and they said they weren't going to be able to come to my birthday. I thought I was ok, but then I couldn't find what I needed and just kept getting more and more upset. I checked out at the grocery store and started crying when I got into my car. All for silly reasons. I think I composed myself and call Kelli back at work. I say no more than 4 words and Kelli says, "Have you been crying?" There's no hiding it. I break down and cry to her for 15 minutes while she is at work, planning MY birthday. She mentioned something about coming into work late that day and I asked her "Why?" She says because her mother is in the hospital! I felt like a horrible and selfish friend. Kelli listened to me, putting aside her work and her family, just so I could whine about my life. That is what a best friend does. She listened to everything I said, and made me feel like I was the most important thing in her life. I love you Kelli!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Happy Birthday! We had a great time at your Cheddar's party!
Post a Comment