Lately, I have been able to see a different side of education. I am now a member of the ASU faculty for the College of Nursing and Allied Health. I am so excited about it. I have seen how teachers prepare for the students to come to class. These teachers care and are excited for the students to return to campus. Today was the first official day of class. The nursing students were so excited and nervous at the same time. Having been in their shoes, I feel like I can relate to them well. It is a very different feeling though. I parked in teacher parking, I have an office, and can come and go as I please. I don't have to sit through lectures or take tests. It is a crazy feeling.
Today has been an emotional day for some of my friends. One of my best friends, a sister to me, started nursing school. She has had a bumpy ride just getting admitted to nursing school and her first day overwhelmed her. She is so scared because she already has assignments, reading, and other odds and ends. She has called me twice already today crying, saying she wants to quit and it's too hard. I tried to talk to her and get her to understand that everyone feels overwhelmed in nursing school. If you haven't gone through nursing school, you can't understand the feeling that she has right now. Another friend just started college today, at ASU. She graduated from a small school and so ASU was a shock to her. When I asked her about her day, she started crying saying she didn't like it and didn't want to go back. I was able to talk to her and get other people who had gone through the same thing to encourage her too. I wish that school wasn't so stressful for people.
I am asking for prayer for these girls. They are beautiful, smart, loving girls who would help anyone in a second. I pray for encouragement and strength to get through this time and the understanding that it will get better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment