Thursday, August 7, 2008

Time for Kids

I am watching Nanny 911 right now and am getting so angry at these parents. First of all, I had a sucky day at work, so this show is not helping. Do I turn it off? No. I keep watching and get angrier and angrier. This family consists of a mom, a dad, and 4 boys. The boys play video games all day and talk about killing each other. They beat each other up and cry all day. They are so unhappy. The nanny is trying to get them to not play video games all day, and get them doing more productive things. The mom's response was "I don't have 8 hours a day to devote to my children to take them to the park and play with them all day." I was disgusted. The dad says, "When they play video games, we get some peace." It is rediculous. When you have children, they are your life. If you don't want to devote your life to your children, don't have them. No one is forcing you to have a baby. There are plenty of people out there who would love to have children who can't. I want to have kids so badly and it hurts me to have to see people not want their children. Kids are a gift from God and should be treated like it.


PS...I hate the phrase "boys will be boys." That doesn't mean that they beat each other up and kick the dog.