Friday, January 2, 2009

Driving in Houston

My sister had to work on New Year's Eve so I ventured out into Houston alone. I have only driven into and out of Houston, never "in" Houston. I wanted to go to the Galleria. All I had to do was go out of my sisters apt complex and get on one highway then the interstate and get off almost as quickly as I got on. Did I accomplish this...no. I made one wrong turn and was completely lost. I needed to be going North and was going East and could not for the life of me figure out how to get back on the road, that I could see, but couldn't find. I saw a shuttle van pull into a gas station so I turned as fast as I could, possibly on 2 wheels, into the same gas station. I asked him "How do you get to the Galleria from here?" He told me just to get on the feeder road and I would hit Westheimer. I was like "Oh, oh, I know that street!" He probably thought I was a lunatic. I got to the Galleria, but that was just the beginning. There is no clear place to park. At least not to me. I drove up some weird ramp and into a garage. I parked in the first place I saw. I wrote it down in my phone too, so I wouldn't get confused. I went into the mall and realized there were no stores. How did I get here? I went into the management area of the mall! I just wanted to yell, "I just wanted to go to Macy's and look at the sale rack!"

I found Macy's. I found a dress! I went to a few more stores then tried to find the food court. Goodness gracious. Finally, I saw it. Chik-fil-a. Safe choice. Then to find a table. I found a table but no chairs. Everyone was going to use the extra chairs at their tables. I for one couldn't leave my table in fear of losing it. Finally, a chair. Now, no ketchup. Forget it. I will eat my fries dry. I texted my dad and said, "There is no one here to hold my bags, to get me ketchup, get a table, go get the car and bring it 5 miles down the road, nothing." He told me to hire someone to help me for the day.

On my way driving back to the apt, I had to merge in traffic and this guy honked at me and spead around me. I wanted to freak out on him. I didn't cut him off or anything. THEN, he's in front of me and trying to get into the other lane and so I got to honk at him and speed around him. I know Jesus wasn't happy with me, but that was last year. I'm a new person now.

Jessica's roommate asked if I felt like I had been beaten up and dragged around. That was the exact feeling I had. She said she feels like that everytime she goes. Thankfully, I am not alone in that feeling.

What a long, pathetic, whiney blog.

2 comments:

lisoto said...

no not pathetic at all. FUNNY! I am laughing out loud and my husband is asking, WHY are you laughing. So I tell him..and now HE is laughing...LOL!!!

(I know Jesus wasn't happy with me, but that was last year. I'm a new person now.) You are SO funny!!!

Bethany Hernandez said...

oh sarah, you crack me up! my hats off to you for driving in houston, though!