Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Karma

I went to Starbucks the other day on my way out of New Braunfels. This guy and his daughter get out of the car. This guy is really strange. His 14ish year old daughter gets out of the car carrying 3 American Girl dolls. Her dad tells her to leave them in the car, but she demands she wants to take them in. He said, "Fine." He lets her know they are only going to spend about 15 minutes there because he HAS to get out of the so he can go get on his bike later, because it's a nice day and he should be outside. He asks her what she wants and she tells him a green tea frappucino. He says, "A green tea frap...?" He can't pronounce it at all and won't listen to his daughter when she tries to correct him. He's behind me in line and he's really close to me. He's totally trying to cut in front of me. He keeps mumbling that he's only got 15 minutes, bike ride, nice day, blah blah blah. I wanted to turn around and tell him, "I understand your predicament about your 15 minute limit in Starbucks, but I just don't care about it and you're not getting in front of me." I didn't, of course. He just kept getting on my nerves! I paid for my drink with cash, so when I was putting the change in my wallet, he orders. It was amazing. He ordered his coffee. Just plain coffee because he had to go get on a bike later... But for his daughter he ordered, "A green tea slapperchina" Priceless.

1 comment:

Lil said...

Hope that you did not laugh too hard.
He should have been more concerned about spending quality time with his daughter. That was funny.