Thursday, October 23, 2008
I Can Cook!
I decided I would learn to cook. First, I had to buy a cookbook. A good one. My first recipe out of the book: Butternut Squash Soup. Why? I don't know. I didn't even know if I like that kind of soup. I went to HEB with my list of stuff I needed. I was determined to not call my mom during the shopping trip, because I was going to do this all on my own. I asked about 12 people I know, different things. "What are shallots?" "Are these shallots?" "Is heavy whipping cream the same as heavy cream?" "What does a butternut squash look like?" I finally got everything I needed. The hardest part of the recipe was cutting up the squash. That thing is huge. Lo and behold, soup! It is so good. I wish everyone could have some. I am going to take it to my mom tomorrow and tell her, "Look what I did! All by myself..." Sort of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
now can you teach Kelli how to cook :)
Post a Comment