Saturday, October 25, 2008

"May Cause Sleeplessness"

My allergies have attacked me with a vengance. I usually take Allegra and am fine. BUT, I don't have any Allegra, because I ran out and would have to go back to the doctor for him to tell me I have allegries in order to get more. That translates into a $25 copay and then $30 prescription, equalling $55 to fix my allergies. I decide to take matters into my own hands. I go to HEB, talk to the pharmacist and he tells me to take Claritin D. Ok, sounds great. You get 10 pills for about $8. Not great, but not bad. The BAD thing is I took it and now I am awake. I can't sleep for anything. I took a great nap in the afternoon, but now, NOTHING. I am a nurse and know better, but I didn't look at the medicine very well before I took it. I realize now, that the medicine is "extended release." This means it will last at least 24 hours. I took it at lunch yesterday. Great. So, I have the "mild stomach upset", "sleeplessness," "thirst", "dry mouth." I don't have allergies though. Can you tell how happy I am. :(

1 comment:

Josiah said...

Take Zyrtec! It works wonders!