Saturday, October 25, 2008
Long and Short
Today was the ALS walk. It was really fun and moving. There were so many people there! It was the first one held in San Angelo, thanks to Pam Darby, whose husband has ALS. ALS is a horrible disease. Basically, it affects your muscles, but not your mind, so you know that your body is deteriorating, but can't do anything about it. The walk was 3 miles around ASU's campus. I walked with the San Angelo Development Services team. My friend, Shawn, was the team captain. He got to carry the sign, so jealous. His friend also has ALS. Everyone on our team has really long legs, except for me. I think I ran 3 miles. I didn't quit though. I had the option of just doing one lap. I so wanted to stop and wait there for my team to meet back up with me after they were done. Then I thought, "That's not the point." I can suffer through a little bit of pain for these poor people who have been struck by ALS. I'm sore and tired, but I am going to be ok and I know that tomorrow, I can get up and do it all over again if I wanted to. These people are not as lucky as I am. Let's all pray for Robbie, Preston, John Paul, and all the people who have been diagnosed with ALS.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment